You are going to need the best non stick cookware set in India in 2023 if you are also tired from those sticky pans and saucers.
Cooking can be fun, but the process of removing stains from the pan is no fun and this is why, you need the best quality non stick cookware set for Indian cooking.
Nonstick cookware is a bit different from the other types of cookware such as Hard anodized cookware, Stainless Steel Cookware Sets and Cast Iron Cookware, and the demand for these sets have increased exponentially in the last few years.
A non stick cookware set is easier to clean, you can cook with less oil and is an ideal choice for cooking delicate Indian foods that will otherwise stick to the pan such as eggs, fried rice, oatmeal, etc.
The number of pieces in a non stick cookware set usually starts from 3 and can go up to 20 depending on the price.
If you are short on time, Hawkins Futura Nonstick Cookware Set is the best healthy nonstick cookware set in India without PFOA and AmazonBasics Aluminium Non-Stick Black Cookware Set is the best non stick cookware for Indian cooking.
While looking for the best quality non stick cookware set in India, these are some of the most important factors you should know:
- Type of material used (Aluminium, Hard Anodized, Copper, Ceramic, etc)
- Type of coating (it should be non-toxic, PFOA Teflon free)
- Number of layers in the non stick coating
- Evenly distributes heat
- Best brands in India such as AmazonBasics, Hawkins, Prestige, etc.
To know which is the best nonstick cookware material and how to choose the best cookware set, you can check our comprehensive “Buying Guide” on the top rated non stick cookware set in India.
Before we move to the comparison of the best non stick cookware sets and discuss the best non stick cookware brands in India, you can also jump directly to the “Reviews”.
These 7 best non stick cookware sets have been picked on the basis of several tests that includes the even heat distribution, how easily foods were released from the pan, how hot was the handle to touch, was the cleaning easy, etc.
While you check out these sets, you will also need the best spatula for nonstick pans in India.
How we tested?
Since purchasing every piece of cookware in a given set was not feasible, we opted for a frying pan to represent the entire range. Typically, the nonstick coating, base material, and thickness are consistent across the range. To evaluate cooking performance, durability, and other factors, we conducted extensive testing on each cookware item.
We adopted numerous testing methods used by America’s Test Kitchen for nonstick pans, modifying them to suit Indian cooking styles.
We began by assessing the physical attributes, such as size, thickness, and weight, before spreading a uniform layer of flour to determine each pan’s heat conduction. We heated them on high heat and timed how long it took for each to reach 260°C, the point at which the coating starts to disintegrate.
To evaluate cooking performance, we cooked eggs without oil to observe food release and also fried fish, paneer, stir-fried vegetables, and various other dishes over time.
To assess durability within a limited timeframe, we subjected the cookware to multiple stress tests, simulating long-term use in an everyday kitchen. We immersed hot pans in water, used dishwashers, occasionally employed metal utensils, and even dropped the pans from a height. Finally, we inspected for warping, dents, and damage to the coating.
Nonstick Cookware Number of Pieces Material Warranty User Ratings Check Price AmazonBasics 15 Aluminium 1 year 4.9/5 Cello Prima 3 Aluminium 1 year 4.9/5 Hawkins Futura 3 Anodised Aluminium 2 years 5/5 Prestige Omega 4 Aluminium 2 years 5/5 Lifelong 3 Aluminium 1 year 4.8/5 iBell 3 Copper 1 year 4.9/5 Wonderchef 3 Aluminium 2 years 5/5
Number of Pieces
Nonstick Cookware Premium Pick Best Pick Budget Pick Image Nonstick Cookware Brand Best for Induction safe, PFOA free PFOA & Nickel free Safe with metal utensils Warranty 2 years 2 years 1 year Buy Now
Nonstick Cookware Brand
Induction safe, PFOA free
PFOA & Nickel free
Safe with metal utensils
Before writing this post, I checked Amazon India to see the number of non stick cookware options just in case if I decide to shop online, however there was a small problem with this method.
There are over 20,000 non stick cookware sets and choosing one amongst these options is like finding a needle in the ocean with just one eye.
So, I decided to filter out these cookware sets with the best non stick cookware brands in India. A good brand for me is the one that is durable, sturdy, has robust performance and most importantly, can be trusted.
Looking at all these factors and of course our tests, some of the best brands in India are:
AmazonBasics is Amazon’s own private label brand that sells everything from kitchen gadgets to tech products and almost everything in between. Not just in India, you will also find their products in the USA, Australia, Germany, UK, etc.
In terms of quality and performance, AmazonBasics has done well in the Indian market as I have reviewed a lot of their products before and not only they are affordable, they have performed well too.
When it comes to the best non stick cookware sets, AmazonBasics has been chosen by a lot of people. You will find plenty of options with non stick sets starting from 3 pieces and going up to 15 pieces.
Almost every cookware set from AmazonBasics comes with a 1 year warranty. In 2023, the best non stick cookware set in India from AmazonBasics is the 15-Piece Non-Stick Cookware Set with a 1 year warranty.
From pressure cookers to non stick pans or cookware, Hawkins has dominated the kitchen appliances industry in India and is known as one of the best non stick cookware brands in India for a reason.
You will see Hawkins Futura a lot if you are searching for their cookwares in India. As a matter of fact, Futura is the only pressure cooker in the world to have been displayed by The Museum of Modern Art, New York.
When it comes to their non stick cookware set, it starts from as low as 2 pieces and can go up to 8 pieces. In 2023, the best non stick cookware set in India from Hawkins is the Hawkins Futura Nonstick Induction Compatible Cookware Set with 2 years of warranty.
Prestige as a brand does not need any introduction. In last 50+ years, Prestige has emerged as India’s largest kitchen appliances company catering to the needs of home makers in the country. Think of any kitchen appliance and you will see Prestige selling it.
Their products are affordable, can be trusted and carries a brand name. When it comes to their non stick cookware set, it starts from as low as 2 pieces and can go up to 16 pieces. The Prestige Omega Granite Aluminium Kitchen Set of 4-Pieces is their bestselling non stick cookware set in India.
Another best non stick cookware brand in India is Wonderchef. Similar to Hawkins and Prestige, Wonderchef is a major trusted kitchen appliance brand in the Indian market. Their products are a blend of German standards of quality, Italian designs, & constant innovation.
Remember the chef Sanjeev Kapoor from the popular TV show Khana Khazana, this brand Wonderchef is his own creation along with an entrepreneur Ravi Saxena. Wonderchef is known for its premium quality products, state of the art innovation and affordability keeping the Indian middle class in mind.
Speaking about the non stick cookware sets from Wonderchef, it starts from as low as 2 pieces and can go up to 10 pieces. With a warranty of 2 years, Burlington Aluminium Nonstick Cookware Set from Wonderchef is the best non stick cookware set in India.
1. AmazonBasics 15-Piece Set
1st product in our review of Best Non Stick Cookware Set in India in 2023 is a 15-piece cookware set from AmazonBasics. AmazonBasics is one of the best non stick cookware brands in India.
Speaking about this 15-piece cookware set, it contains everything that you are going to need for your kitchen. An ideal non stick cookware set for someone who has a new kitchen or even for gifting purpose.
This cookware set includes everything from serving spoons to 10 inch fry pan, here is what you get with this non stick cookware set from AmazonBasics:
- 8 inch fry pan
- 10 inch fry pan
- 1.4 litres saucepan with lid
- 1.9 litres saucepan with lid
- 2.8 litres casserole pan with lid
- 4.7 litres casserole pan with lid
- 5-piece utensil set that includes pasta server, soup ladle, slotted turner, serving spoon, and slotted serving spoon
The material of this non stick cookware set is made from Aluminium and has a non stick coating which makes cleaning and cooking super easy.
The black colour gives an elegant look to the cookware set as well as the kitchen.
The handles are quite comfortable and will stay cool while you use the cookware set.
While even and uniform heating is one of the strongest points of this cookware set, I was a bit disappointed as this cookware set is not induction compatible.
As a token of good quality and strong performance, AmazonBasics is also offering a 1 year warranty on this non stick cookware set.
A complete cookware set for your kitchen and the best quality non stick cookware in India in 2023.
If a 15-piece cookware set is a bit too much for your kitchen and Induction cooking is one of the requirements, you can check out the 5-Piece Non-Stick Cookware Set from AmazonBasics which is compatible with Gas and Induction both.
Colour – Black
Weight – 5.45 kgs
Dimensions – 51.49 x 32.18 x 18.19 cm
Pros of AmazonBasics 15-Piece Non-Stick Cookware Set:
Classy looking pots and pans
BPA free cookware set
Vented glass lids for the steam to escape
1 year warranty
Easy to clean
Ideal for everyday essentials such as fry pans, sauce pans and casserole pans.
Cons of AmazonBasics 15-Piece Non-Stick Cookware Set:
Not compatible with Induction Cooktop
2. Cello Prima Induction Base Non-Stick Aluminium Cookware Set, 3 Pieces Reviews
Considering the Indian cooking style, most of the non stick cookware in India comes in a set of 3-pieces.
For all those who wanted a 3-piece non stick cookware set which is compatible with Induction Cooktops as well, Cello Prima is an ideal choice.
Here is what you get with this non stick cookware set from Cello Prima:
- Dosa tawa (280mm)
- Fry pan (220mm)
- Kadai (2 litres) with glass lid (220mm)
The non stick cookware set from Cello Prima will add grace and elegance to your kitchen due to its supreme looks in a Cherry colour.
These non stick cookware sets are made from high gauge aluminium and American heritage original DuPont coating. For your reference, DuPont are the world’s largest players and investor of non stick coating.
The handles are quite ergonomic and made from bakelite.
You will notice a hole in the kadai lid that ensures extra pressure of steam is released while cooking. The handles come with a hanging loop, so you can hang them easily in the kitchen.
As far as the cleaning is concerned, you can wash this non stick cookware set with hands or use a dishwasher (except the glass lid). Cello is also offering a 1 year warranty on this non stick cookware set.
One observation, this cookware set is small sized and hence not ideal if you have a big family, you can go for it, if you have a family of 3-4 people, one of the best Non Stick Cookware Set in India under 1500 rupees.
Colour – Cherry, Blue, Brown and Hammertone
Weight – 2.18 kgs
Dimensions – 29 x 13.5 x 29 cm
Induction and Gas compatible
Interchangeable cover lid
BPA free cookware set
Vented glass lids for the steam to escape
1 year warranty
Ideal for dosa, roti, curry, paneer rolls, daal etc.
3. Hawkins Futura – Induction Compatible
Whether you are looking for the best nonstick pan in India or the best nonstick cookware set for gas stoves in India, Hawkins can be your one stop shop.
Hawkins is undoubtedly one of the best non stick cookware brands in India. As a matter of fact, Hawkins has enjoyed this reputation in India ever since non stick cookware was introduced in this market.
The entire cookware set is made from hard anodised aluminium which ensures you get a durable and robust cookware that will last for years to come.
The non stick coating has an extra thickness which helps to spread the heat evenly.
Here is what you get with this non stick cookware set from Hawkins Futura:
- Flat tawa (26 cms)
- Fry pan (26 cms)
- Stewpot (20 cms/ 3litres)
- 2 pieces of lids
- 1 wooden spatula
- 1 scrubber
The best thing we liked about Hawkins Futura non stick cookware set is that it comes without Teflon coating. Avoid using metal spoons, steel wool, steel spatula on this non stick cookware set from Hawkins.
Hawkins Futura has another cookware set which is hard anodised but not non stick.
For traditional cooking with normal quantities of oil or butter, you can go for Hawkins Futura Hard Anodised Cookware.
On the other hand, if you want to cook with less or no oil or butter, Hawkins Futura Nonstick Cookware is the cookware to use.
One thing to note here is that the cooking surface of Futura Nonstick Cookware is made with a unique patented process by which high quality nonstick coating (made in Germany) is locked firmly into the tough Hard Anodised surface underneath.
In simple words, this means that Futura Nonstick, if properly used, will last longer than ordinary nonstick.
Hawkins Futura is offering a 2 years warranty on this product which makes this cookware set as the best non stick cookware set in India without teflon coating and also the best nonstick cookware set for health.
Colour – Black
Weight – 4.2 kgs
Dimensions – 42.6 x 26.7 x 16.8 cm
PFOA Free German non stick
100% Anodised Aluminium
Induction and Gas compatible
Healthy cooking without teflon coating
Comes with wooden spatula and a scrubber
2 years of warranty
Ideal for roti, tikki, dosa, uttapam, fried eggs, sauted vegetables etc.
Could not find any
4. Prestige Omega Granite Aluminium Kitchen Set, 4-Pieces
Similar to Hawkins, Prestige is amongst the best non stick cookware brands in India.
While most of the non stick cookwares in India have a 3 layer coating, this cookware set from Prestige comes with a 5-layer non-stick coating made with German technology.
Here is what you get with this non stick cookware set from Prestige:
- Omni tawa (28 cm)
- Fry pan (24 cm)
- Kadai with glass lid (24 cm)
- Milk Pan with Glass Lid (16 cm)
One of the major attractions in this non stick cookware set from Prestige is its 5-layered non-stick which can last 3x times longer than ordinary non-stick cookware.
The 5 layer coating helps in giving a fresh look to the cookware set even after months of use, helps in even heating, retaining non stick properties and making the set more durable for years of usage without any issues.
The outer body of the cookware set is made from the best quality Aluminium, and it comes with black colour powder coating with granite finish which looks attractive and elegant.
Not only this cookware set is Induction friendly, you can also use metal spoons with it.
The handles of the cookware set are made from heat resistant material which is an added convenience while you cook or carry the cookware.
You can either wash the cookware set with your hands or use a dishwasher if you have one.
With a 5 layer non stick coating, German technology and 2 years of warranty, this non stick cookware set from Prestige is the best quality non stick cookware in India in 2023 and also the best nonstick cookware set for induction in India.
For an affordable cookware set, you can also check out the Prestige Omega Select Plus Residue Free Non-Stick Kitchen Set, 3-Pieces.
Colour – Black
Weight – 4.58 kgs
Dimensions – 60 x 34 x 14 cm
Looks premium with granite finish
India’s first 5-layered non-stick technology
Metal spoon friendly
Stain free interior
Superior non stick surface
Induction and Gas compatible
2 years of warranty
Ideal for cutlets, bread-rolls, french fries, kadai paneer, dosas, chapatis, paratha etc.
Does not come with a spatula or a scrubber
5. Lifelong Popular Set, 3-Pieces
Lifelong is one of those brands in India that has gained a lot of trust and recognition in the last few years.
My team and I have reviewed some of their products in the past, performance and durability has been good.
I have personally experienced very positive and efficient customer service for one of my trimmers with this brand.
Here is what you get with this non stick cookware set from Lifelong India:
- Tawa (25 cm)
- Fry pan (24 cm)
- Kadai with glass lid (24 cm)
This 3 layered non stick kitchen cookware set is made from high quality Aluminium. The Greblon coating lets you cook delicious meals with the least amount of oil.
In simple words, Greblon coating includes non stick coatings resistant to high temperatures, functional coatings and outdoor decorative coatings for both household items and industrial products.
The 3-piece non stick cookware set can be used with both induction and gas cooktops.
The glass lid that comes with the kadai is transparent, hence you can check the cooking progress while working on other things at the same time.
The presence of bakelite handle ensures safety, convenience and comfortable usage.
Comparing to the other 3-piece non stick cookware sets, this cookware set from Lifelong is well priced and is affordable for the majority of the medium class families.
The glass lid is quite heavy, so you will need to be a bit careful.
With very affordable pricing and a 1 year warranty, this cookware set from Lifelong is the Best Non Stick Cookware Set in India under 1500 rupees.
Colour – Black/Grey
Weight – 1.5 kgs
Dimensions – 29 x 29 x 13 Centimeters
Affordable and economical
Induction and Gas compatible
1 year warranty
Ideal for dosa, french fries, chapatis, paratha etc.
Cannot use metal spoons
Non stick pan takes too much time in absorbing the heat of induction
6. IBELL FKT2325 Copper Set Combo, 4 PieceS
This is one of the rarest non stick cookware in India that has been made from Copper.
One thing you should know about copper cookware is it heats quickly and evenly, but it looses that heat just as fast.
Due to its responsiveness as an element, copper cookware is very good for some delicacies such as fish, seafood, sauces, chocolate, etc.
Here is what you get with this non stick cookware set from iBell:
- Tawa (25 cm)
- Fry pan (23 cm)
- Kadai with glass lid (23 cm)
You can use metal spoons with this cookware set and multi layer coating ensures the least usage of oil.
The cookware set is both gas and induction compatible. Be advised that you only get 6 months of warranty with this cookware set, once you register on their website you will get additional an 6 months of warranty.
With a high glossy colour exterior, this copper non stick cookware from iBell is something that you can keep in your kitchen to impress others too.
You may be surprised but iBell is also one of the best nonstick brands in India.
Colour – Black
Weight – 2.1 kgs
Dimensions – 43.9 x 25.8 x 12 cm
Pros of IBELL FKT2325:
Affordable, well priced under 1500 rupees
Metal spoon friendly
Looks good with glossy exterior
Gas and Induction compatible
1 year warranty
Cons of IBELL FKT2325:
We felt the lid is a little loose while cooking
7. Wonderchef Burlington Aluminium Set
The last product in our today’s review of Best Non Stick Cookware Set in India is Aluminium cookware set from the house of Wonderchef.
In addition to Prestige, Hawkins and AmazonBasics, Wonderchef is amongst the best non stick cookware brands in India.
Here is what you get with this non stick cookware set from Wonderchef:
- 1-Piece Sauce Pan (2.6 Litres/16cm) with Lid
- 1-Piece Wok (1.15 Litres/24cm) with Lid
- 1-Piece Fry Pan (1.7 Litres/24cm)
The entire cookware set has been crafted from high quality and pure Virgin Aluminium.
The material used in this cookware set is an excellent conductor of heat which is approx. 9x times faster and efficient.
In order to enhance the food safety, Wonderchef has assured this cookware set is 100% PFOA free, heavy metal and nickel free.
Once you touch the handles of this cookware set, you will know extra attention has been paid towards the build quality as the handles are not only ergonomic, but they have a solid grip too even with wet hands.
This cookware set is compatible with all kinds of cooktops such as Induction, gas stove, ceramic and infrared surface.
This is another cookware in India that comes with a 5 layer Professional Grade MetaTuff non-stick coating.
For a cookware set that comes with 5 layers of non stick coating and 2 years of warranty, this cookware set from Wonderchef is very well priced and is certainly one of the best safe Non Stick Cookware Set in India in 2023.
Colour – Maroon and Beige
Weight – 3 kgs
Dimensions – 48.3 x 11 x 31.5 cm
100% PFOA free, heavy metal and nickel free
Pure grade aluminium for even heat distribution
Dual tone muted colours provides an elegant look to your kitchen
High thermal stability and durability
Gas and Induction compatible
2 years of warranty
Ideal for rice-lentil oatmeal, fajitas or regular dishes like soups, curries, boiled vegetables, stir-fried vegetables, sauces, etc.
Could not find any
Which is the Best Set in India in 2023
The price of a Non Stick Cookware set in India starts from 1,500 INR and can go up to 5,000 INR, so you can imagine the huge range available and within this range, there is a plethora of options available for non stick cookware sets.
In order to make sure you know everything about non stick cookware sets, type of material, how to choose one or how to take care of a non stick cookware set, we have curated this comprehensive Buying Guide that you can refer for all your questions on the Best Non Stick Cookware Set in India.
What is a Nonstick Cookware?
If you ever tried making an omelette in a regular fry pan, you would have noticed that the omelette gets stuck onto the surface of the fry pan. No matter how hard you try or how professional you are, some parts of the omelette will be stuck on the pan’s surface. The same is applicable in case of dosa, oatmeal, etc.
To counter this problem, manufacturers came with the concept of non stick cookware. A non stick cookware is usually made from Aluminium, and then it is either coated with Polytetrafluoroethylene, commonly known as Teflon or ceramic without Teflon.
With the help of this non stick coating, making pancakes, omelettes and frying eggs becomes effortlessly easy. The teflon coating used in the cookware set has been questioned in the past, but we will come back to this later in this post.
Components Of a Set
The number of pieces in a non stick cookware set can start from 2 and it can go up to 20 pieces. This depends on the price of the cookware set and how big your family is. In this post, we will cover the main components of a non stick cookware.
1. Wok Pan
By the looks of it, you would have identified by now what a Wok Pan is. A wok pan is one of the most used kitchen appliances in India, also known as Kadhai. This is a very versatile cookware with a round bottom and many of us don’t know, but the Wok Pan has its origin from China. The reason we call this appliance as versatile is because of its ability to stir fry, deep fry or even steam veggies, when required. A lot of non stick cookware sets in India offers a Kadhai that comes with a glass lid so that the steam can escape. Best Wok Pan in India – Hawkins Futura Hard Anodised Deep-Fry Pan.
2. Frying Pan
We all have used Frying Pan for a number of kitchen tasks. Similar to Kadhai, frying pan is used multiple times in a day, especially for Indian style of cooking. These pans have a flat bottom with round sides. Due to their small surface area, cooking becomes much faster with a frying pan. Since their sides have a big wall, your veggies and oil stay inside while you cook. A frying pan also helps in retaining the moisture of the food while making a crispy surface. Best Frying Pan in India – Carote Frying Pan PFOA Free, Stone-Derived Non-Stick Coating from Switzerland.
Unlike the frying pan, a tawa does not have any border. Having said this, tawa is one of the most versatile kitchen appliances as you can literally use it for anything. I have recently covered a post on Best Dosa Tawa in India where I have covered dosa tawa from all different types of material such as Aluminium, Cast Iron, Anodised Aluminium, etc. These tawas don’t come with a lid and are available in different varieties and sizes. Best Tawa in India – Rock Dosa Tawa with a diameter of 12 inches and 1 year warranty. While looking for a tawa, ensure you check the size, diameter, material type, handle, induction compatibility, etc.
Is It Safe to Use?
There is no denying the fact that non stick cookware is a huge hit in the Indian market, given the fact it is super easy to clean, and also you can cook with close to very little oil.
All of this is possible with the help of non stick coating that keeps food away from sticking to the pan’s surface. But, the safety aspect of non stick cookware has been questioned a lot in the past.
The coating used in the Non stick cookware is made from the material called as PTFE polytetrafluoroethylene, commonly known as Teflon.
Teflon is a synthetic chemical made from a combination of carbon and fluorine atoms. While this material was invented in the early 1930s, its performance has been questioned due to a chemical known as PFOA (Perfluorooctanoic acid).
Post 2013, the brands have started manufacturing non stick cookware with PFOA free Teflon. In other words, all Teflon products have been PFOA free since 2013 which means non stick cookware is totally safe to use.
To further get into the details, the problem comes when Teflon is heated above 300 degrees. At above 300 degrees, Teflon begins to release fumes.
The way we cook Indian food, Teflon is unlikely to get above 300 degrees and hence, you are good to go with your non stick cookware. As a checklist, there are a number of things that you can avoid while cooking in a non stick cookware set, let’s get to that now.
How to Care (Do’s and Don’ts)
1. Before Using – Ensure you handwash the non stick cookware set with hot water before using it for the 1st time. This will make sure all the dirt and residues are removed which may have developed during product shipping. Once you wash the cookware set, you can use it for cooking.
2. Type of Utensils – Most of the non stick cookware sets in India are not compatible with the metal spoons. Even though, they are compatible with metal spoon, you can always use a wooden or a plastic spatula to ensure you don’t end up scratching the non stick surface of the pan. You can also get a silicon heat resistant spatula.
3. A Little Oil – It is always a good practice to use some oil so that the food does not stick to the pan’s surface. Oiling the surface before using helps to extend the life of the non stick cookware set.
4. Avoid High Flame – Non stick utensils are not meant for high heat levels as you don’t want the coating to peel off due to excessively high temperatures. It makes more sense to use low to moderate heat for non stick cookware even at the start of cooking.
5. Avoid Sudden Temperature Changes – Always allow the non stick cookware to cool down after using before immersing it in water. A sudden temperature change can damage the coating in the long run thereby impacting cooking effectiveness.
6. Always Handwash – Just like simplicity is the best policy, handwashing non stick cookware is always a better idea than using harsh dishwasher detergents on your cookware. Besides, you don’t want the non stick utensils to crash into other utensils while using a dishwasher.
7. Storage – Keeping a soft cloth or a tissue between the non stick vessels will avoid scratches and protect the non stick coating of the cookware, avoid stacking these utensils.
8. Stains – Instead of using abrasive detergents, you can remove the non stick cookware stains with a paste of water and baking soda. Using a soft toothbrush will also help.
9. Empty Pan – A lot of us are used to preheat a utensil before we start the cooking process. Preheating an empty non stick pan can lead to high temperature within minutes and this can release polymer fumes.
10. Time to Replace – If you notice any scratches or surface peeling off from the non stick cookware, it is time to replace the cookware as soon as possible.
Types of MaterialS
Performance of a non stick cookware set is totally dependent on the kind of material it is made from. The material used also impacts the life and durability factor in a non stick cookware, so we will review 4 main types of non stick cookware material and which one is the best.
You can also check a related post on Types of Cookware Material.
Majority of the non stick cookware sets in India are made from Aluminium. Aluminium is an excellent heat conductor which makes this material a popular choice amongst non stick cookware sets. If the Aluminium has gone through the oxidation process, it becomes Hard Anodised Aluminium. These pans are usually affordable, lightweight, durable and scratch resistant. Avoid using metal spoons in the Aluminium cookware. The Best Aluminium Non Stick Cookware Set in India is Wonderchef Burlington Aluminium Nonstick Cookware Set.
2. Stainless Steel
As the name suggests, stainless steel cookware sets are pretty tough, durable, and they give you total value for the money. As far as the heating is concerned, stainless steel as a material is a good conductor of heat and provides a uniform heating base. For even better heat conducting properties, you can look out for a cookware set that uses Aluminium core and a Stainless steel-clad. These pans might cost you some extra money. The Best Stainless Steel Non Stick Cookware Set in India is Prestige Platina Special BYK Stainless Steel Cookware set.
Copper as a metal is a brilliant heat conductor than any other metal and that’s why it is expensive as well. Copper cookware allows the food to cook more evenly and prevents hot spots at a particular place. In the past, there have been debates of copper leaching into your food which is quite harmful. Thus, if you are looking for a classy copper cookware set, please make sure it is lined with Stainless steel. This way, you can enjoy the rich metal cookware without any hazardous health effects. The Best Copper Non Stick Cookware Set in India is iBell FKT2325 Copper Cookware Set Combo.
4. Cast Iron
Cast Iron is one of the toughest cookware material that you will ever find. We have a covered a lot about Cast Iron tawas in our Best Dosa Tawa in India post. A cookware set made from Cast Iron can be quite heavy, and you will take some time to get used to it. But you can be assured about the durability of this material as it has a very long life span and is something that can be passed from one generation to the other. The Best Cast Iron Non Stick Cookware Set in India is from the Indus Valley Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Cookware Set with Dosa Tawa and a Kadai.
5. Hard Anodized
Hard anodized is a cookware material which was invented to overcome the shortcomings of aluminium as a material. Aluminium is an excellent conductor of heat, however it is not very durable and it is not safe to use with acidic foods such as tomatoes, lemon, etc. Hard anodized cookware on the other hand is an extremely durable material which is also resistant to corrosion. If the nonstick cookware is made from hard anodized material, you can buy it since it is PTFE and PFOA free.
Non Stick Cookware vs Stainless Steel vs Ceramic Cookware
|Difference||Nonstick Cookware||Stainless Steel Cookware||Ceramic Cookware|
|Durability||Needs regular maintenance for durability||Extremely durable||Prone to dents and scratches, hence not very durable|
|Can you cook acidic foods?||Not recommended||Totally safe to cook||Safe to cook|
|Induction safe?||Only if the cookware has a magnetic base||Yes||Only if the cookware has a magnetic base|
|Heat conductivity||Depends on the material, aluminium heats up quickly||Not very good, steel cookware takes time to get heated||Ceramic cookware does not heat up quickly|
|Dishwasher safe?||Not recommended||Yes||Not recommended|
|Pros||Needs little or no oil, easy to clean, saves time and energy, food does not stick to the surface||Extremely durable, ideal for all types of cooking, rough and tough, non-reactive, affordable||Visually appealing, non-toxic, eco-friendly, becomes non stick with time, easy to clean|
|Cons||Low durability, requires upkeep, cannot use metal utensils, cannot tolerate high heat||Not a very conductor of heat, cooking takes time, have average looks, not nonstick||Not very durable, expensive, not dishwasher safe, not for metal utensils|
|Average Price of set||2,000 rupees||1,500 rupees||2,500 rupees|
1. Health Benefits – Unlike regular cooking, you don’t need a lot of oil and butter to cook on a non stick cookware. This is one of the most important reasons, non stick cookware is a hit all over the globe. The amount of oil you need is minimal and less oil means fewer health complications.
2. Ease of Cooking – Another important reason for buying a non stick cookware is the ease of cooking. If you are frying eggs on a regular cookware set, you will see eggs getting stuck to the pan’s surface. The end result can be a bit frustrating as you will have to start all over again. This does not happen if you are cooking on a non stick cookware set due to extra coating which avoids any kind of stickiness.
3. Ease of Cleaning – Washing and cleaning pans where the food is stuck due to heavy oil usage can be a tedious job. Not just cooking, but even ease of cleaning becomes a lot easier and faster with a non stick cookware set.
4. Stylish and Modern – If you keep using regular Stainless Steel and Aluminium utensils, you will see its look coming off after a few months of usage. This is not the case with non stick cookware set as they look fresh and stylish even after continuous usage unless you are not maintaining them at all.
5. Heat Distribution – Another main benefit of using a non stick cookware set is its ability to distribute heat uniformly all over the food. This results in faster cooking and lesser consumption of gas.
6. Affordable – Most of the non stick cookware sets in India are made from Aluminium. Aluminium as a metal is widely available all over the globe, hence the cookware set made from Aluminium is quite affordable. Additionally, even inexperienced chefs can cook on non stick cookware set due to the minimal chances of food burns.
1. Needs regular upkeep – Nonstick cookware may be a very attractive choice, but it is certainly a high maintenance cookware type. You may have to immediately replace your favourite nonstick pan, if there are any dents on the surface of the pan, since cooking on a dented nonstick pan can be a bit harmful.
2. Needs regular seasoning – In order to make sure your nonstick pan does not become sticky, you will need to regularly season the nonstick pan from time to time. While this may sound complicated at first, but seasoning a nonstick pan is quite easy and does not take more than 5 minutes.
3. Low durability – Nonstick cookware sets unless they are extremely high quality, have a low durability as compared to cast iron or stainless steel. This type of cookware is prone to chips and breakages.
4. No metal utensils – Your nonstick cookware can quickly get damaged if you use metal utensils on it. Metal utensils can damage the nonstick coating, and this is why, a wooden or a silicone spatula should be used.
5. Only for low to medium heat – Nonstick cookware is safe to cook, but only, when the heat levels do not exceed 300 degree celsius. This means, you should never cook with a nonstick cookware on a high heat, and only use low to medium heat settings on the gas stove.
How to Choose the Best Set
Although choosing a perfect non stick cookware set is no rocket science, but there are plenty of factors you should know, so you can enjoy tasty food with less oil, let’s take a look at all these factors.
1. Number of Layers – The number of layers in the non stick coating plays a very important role in not just the taste, but also the life span of the non stick cookware set. Usually, most of the non stick cookware sets in India comes with a 3 layer coating, but brands like Prestige and Wonderchef offers a 5 layer non stick coating. On a general note, a 3 layer coating is good and preferred.
2. Weight – For someone who is aged 60 years, it might not be very comfortable for that person to handle a Cast Iron cookware set as it is quite heavy and bulky. Aluminium being the lightest of all is not only affordable, but cooking also becomes easier.
3. Induction Compatibility – A lot of non stick cookware sets in India are Induction safe, but some are not. So, if you are one of those who is used to prepare meals on an Induction cooktop, do look out for this feature. You can test this by sticking a magnet to the bottom of the pan. If it sticks, your cookware is compatible with Induction cooktop.
4. Type of Material – A non stick cookware set can be made from Aluminium, Copper, Stainless Steel or Cast Iron material. All these materials have their own pros and cons, so choose wisely depending on your cooking requirements. For ex. if you are looking for a lightweight and affordable non stick cookware set, you can go for Aluminium.
5. Type of Non Stick Coating – There are 2 major types of non stick coating i.e. Polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE) and Ceramic. Polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE) is commonly known as Teflon and is quite durable, plus it provides an excellent non stick performance. On the other hand, the second type of coating is solution gel, and it is ceramic like. When it comes to the durability, Teflon coatings are better.
6. Number of Pieces – A non stick cookware set can have anywhere from 2 pieces to 20 pieces depending on the price you want to pay. Brands like AmazonBasics offers a 15 piece non stick cookware set, whereas Prestige and Hawkins offers a 3-4 piece cookware set. Whichever cookware set you decide to buy, ensure it has basic components such as an 8-inch pan for smaller tasks such as frying eggs, a 10-inch pan for family meals, etc.
7. Handles – Handling is one of the most important aspects you should be looking at while buying a non stick cookware set. There are pans that comes with cool touch handles which allows you to comfortably hold the handle even when the pan is hot. At the same time, you might have to use a potholder to remove pans with hot handles.
8. Lids – While frying pans don’t come with a lid, you will find Kadhai in a non stick cookware set that comes with a lid. While buying one, check if it is a glass lid as it will allow you to check the cooking progress from time to time.
9. Price and Warranty – Price of a non stick cookware set in India starts from 1,200 INR and can go up to 6,000 INR as well. On an average, a 3-piece non stick cookware set made from high quality Aluminium will cost you around 3,000 INR in India. At the same time, warranty is important as you are not buying peanuts for an inexpensive price. While most of the brands offers a 1 year warranty, companies like Hawkins, Prestige and Wonderchef offers a 2 year warranty on their cookware set.
How to Clean
Cleaning a nonstick cookware set is fairly simple and can be done with the help of lukewarm water and a mild dishwashing soap. One thing you can do is to wash the nonstick pan as soon as you can, since this will reduce any chances of food sticking to the surface of the pan.
If there is any burnt food on the surface of the nonstick pan, do not try to scrub it with a metal spoon as this can damage the nonstick coating. Instead, you can pour some warm water on the surface and use a soft sponge to remove the food remains.
You can also use a toothbrush to remove the food leftovers from the surface of the nonstick pan. Even if the nonstick cookware set is dishwasher safe, handwash the nonstick set for a better life of the cookware.
For a detailed explanation of cleaning your nonstick pans, you can also check out our post on How to Clean your Non Stick Pans – The Do’s and Don’ts.
Additionally, if you want to know how to season your nonstick cookware, you can check our post on How to Season Nonstick Cookware in 5 Minutes?
Is Cast Iron Better than Non Stick Cookware?
Nonstick and cast iron cookware have their own pros and cons, however, the major difference between a cast iron pan and a nonstick pan is the amount of heat each of these pans can handle. Nonstick cookware may not react well to a heat over and above 300 degrees celsius, which is why, you only use the nonstick pan on a low to medium heat. On the other hand, cast iron pans have a higher heat tolerance.
|Price||Affordable||A bit expensive|
|Heat Retention||Retains heat very well||Does not retain heat well|
|Durability||Extremely durable||Not as durable|
|Healthy||Healthy||Not as healthy|
|Maintenance||Easy to maintain||Not as easy to maintain|
|Time to Cook||Cooks slower||Cooks faster|
|Food Browning||Makes the food brown||Doesn’t brown the food|
Do Chefs Use Non Stick Cookware?
Chefs usually do not prefer to use nonstick cookware due to the simple reason, a nonstick cookware set is quite fragile to have in a busy kitchen. Due to the surroundings of a restaurant’s busy kitchen, using nonstick pans may not be a good idea, as they can easily get dented with the other types of cookware such as carbon steel, cast iron, stainless steel, etc.
Nonstick pans also don’t get heat up as quickly as hard anodized or carbon steel, and thus, cooking on a nonstick pan may not be an efficient solution. Also, most of the nonstick cookware should not be thrown into the dishwasher, which is why, chef’s don’t usually use nonstick cookware.
How do I know if my Pan is Non Stick?
If you are not 100% sure on the quality of the nonstick cookware, there are a few simple tricks you can follow to see if the nonstick pan is 100% authentic.
1). Look carefully how the nonstick pan appears from the inside and the outside. If the nonstick cookware is genuine, you will notice a dark grey colour on the inside and a shiny metal on the outside.
2). If you ever used a cast iron cookware or even a stainless steel one, you will notice the surface of those pans to be quite uneven and not so smooth. This is not the case with nonstick pans, as their surface is even and smooth, and you will notice it when you touch it.
3). Most of the nonstick pans are made from aluminium material, which is a very lightweight material. Hence, nonstick pans made from aluminium are usually lightweight as compared to the other types of cookware.
Do Non Stick Pans Cause Cancer?
The short answer to this question is no, nonstick pans don’t cause cancer. A lot of people have apprehensions about the health risks associated with the nonstick cookware because of Teflon which used to be a component of nonstick cookware. However, since 2013, all Teflon-branded products are PFOA-free.
When we cook on a nonstick pan and the temperature of the heat is more than 350 degree celsius, the PTFE or polytetrafluoroethylene can cause some gases to mix with the food contents. As a matter of fact, according to the American Cancer Society, there are no other proven risks to humans from using cookware coated with Teflon. You can check this study on Healthline blog.
Q. When is the right time to replace a non stick cookware set?
A. You should not be using a non stick cookware set if you notice any scratches or dents on the surface. Using the cookware more in such a condition will only increase the dents and the chances of metal leaching into your food will increase. When this happens, you will notice the food will take longer time to cook and there will be burns as well. The moment you notice all of this, it is time to replace your non stick cookware set and buy a new one. That’s why it is recommended to go with brands like Hawkins, Prestige and Wonderchef that offers a 2 year warranty on their cookware set.
Q. Can I wash my non stick cookware set in a dishwasher?
A. If your non stick cookware set is compatible with a dishwasher, you can certainly wash it in the dishwasher. However, this practice is not recommended as the chances of non stick utensils bumping into other utensils are very high and this might end up damaging the non stick coating. This is why, handwashing is preferred.
Q. What are the best alternatives to Teflon?
A. Even though brands have started coming up with non stick cookware with PFOA free Teflon since 2013, a lot of people still look for Teflon alternatives. In this case, you can go for Ceramic, Stainless Steel or Cast Iron cookware.
Q. What kind of spatula can I use with my non stick cookware set?
A. For a non stick cookware set, you can go for a Silicone Brush and Spatula Set from Clazkit.
Q. What are the best non stick cookware brands in India in 2023?
A. AmazonBasics, Hawkins, Prestige and Wonderchef are some of the best non stick cookware brands in India in 2023.
Q. What are the best utensils to use with non-stick cookware?
A. Unlike stainless steel or aluminium cookware, metal utensils cannot be used on the nonstick cookware, since metal can scrape off the nonstick coating and once the coating starts to come off, the nonstick pan will get damaged very early. This is why, you should always use a plastic, wooden or a silicone spatula if you have a nonstick pan in the kitchen. These spatulas are heat resistant, dishwasher safe and harmless to the nonstick coating of the pan.
Q. Is a scratched non-stick pan unsafe for cooking?
A. A nonstick pan with a scratched surface should be replaced, since the food you are going to cook will stick to the holes on the surface. Slowly and gradually, this will lead to more food sticking to the bottom of the pan, and eventually, this can be harmful since the nonstick coating can flake into your food.
Q. Is it better to use oil or none on a non-stick pan?
A. You can cook in the nonstick pan without adding any oil, however, if you do add a tiny bit of oil, it will create a protective barrier between the food and the nonstick surface. A little bit of oil also helps in seasoning of the nonstick pan. Thus, it’s an individual preference, but you can add a bit of oil while cooking on a nonstick pan.
Q. Can I cook chapati with a non stick pan?
A. Yes you can certainly cook chapati on a nonstick pan, and you are going to enjoy that cooking experience since the dough will not stick to the nonstick surface and you can easily cook fluffy chapatis on a nonstick pan. Since the pan is nonstick, you may not have to use a lot of oil or ghee to cook the chapatis. There is still one thing you should know, that nonstick pans are not very good at retaining heat, especially comparing to cast iron or aluminium, hence you may have to ensure the tawa is hot all the time.
Q. Are there non stick pans without teflon?
A. Most of the nonstick pans in India are PFOA free which used to be a harmful component till 2013. Since PFOA is not a part of the nonstick cookware anymore, it is totally safe for food cooking or consumption. If you are looking for a PFOA free nonstick pan, you can check out CAROTE Nonstick PFOA Free Frying Pan, which is also compatible with induction cooktops and comes with a Swiss granite firm nonstick coating.
We hope this post on “Top 7 Best Non Stick Cookware Set in India in 2023 (Healthy & Non-Toxic)“ was useful and informative to you. We also encourage you to read the customer reviews of any product before buying. Should you have any questions on this, feel free to leave a comment. If you want our team to review a product you are interested in buying, you can reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will be happy to review it.